Providing physical and emotional health for kids during their primary care visits.
Depression, anxiety, stress and bullying are some of the problems children experience and they need a comfortable, familiar place to talk about their concerns. Your child’s behavioral health issues can now be addressed during your pediatrician visit.
Our team of psychologists offer you and your child:
- Same-day, 15-minute consults for behavioral health questions.
- Short-term, problem-focused treatment for patients.*
- Referral to Behavioral Health for higher level of care.*
- Annual screening of behavioral health concerns.
Please check your insurance for behavioral health coverage for this service.
Combining pediatrics and behavioral health means we can help with your child’s health concerns, as well as your concerns. Services include:
- ADHD assessment and strategies
- Behavior management strategies
- Brief cognitive-behavioral treatment for mild mood and behavioral issues
- Coping strategies to assist with diagnosis and treatment of a chronic medical condition
- Pain management
- Parenting techniques
- Postpartum assessment and support
- Problem-solving techniques
- School-related issues: academics, behavioral issues and social concerns
- Skills training to improve family/parent-child interactions
- Sleep hygiene skills
- Stress reduction skills
- Tips to prepare for medical procedures
- Toilet training techniques
- Weight management
What is the treatment process?
Behavioral health consults will need a referral from your pediatrician. This quick, same-day consult will last approximately 15 minutes. Afterwards, we will determine the best course of follow-up to address your concerns. This service is for children receiving primary care services at Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield.
* Billable service: Please check your insurance for behavioral health coverage.