When your child requires complex care, we can provide care coordinators to assist you in navigating your child's health care needs.
Our care coordinators help facilitate the complex care your child needs as a part of your child’s primary care team. They provide a link between your child’s doctors and you.
This service is available for children with very complex chronic conditions that require intense in-home care and many visits to see multiple specialty doctors each year.
Care coordinators are your health care resource so you can spend more time with your family and less time worrying about health care. They provide help in many areas including:
- Assisting with transportation and other barriers so you can get to your child’s appointments.
- Providing support after an appointment if you have additional questions or need help setting up follow-up care.
- Help with problems filling prescriptions and picking up medications or equipment.
- Working with community partners involved in your child’s care including your child’s school or in-home nurse.
- Assisting in filling out paperwork and making sure you understand what it is for.
- Working through issues with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), insurance and other programs.
- Providing some mental health and social support.
Your child must meet specific criteria to qualify for care coordination. When an opening is available, this service is for children with complex chronic conditions receiving primary care services at Marshfield Medical Center in Marshfield and Marshfield Clinic Chippewa Falls Center. Talk to your child’s primary doctor if you are interested in more information about this service.